Re: [alpine-user] How to setup BTRFS and LUKS

From: Marco Dickert <marco_at_misterunknown.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 13:58:15 +0200

On 2018-08-13 13:19:23, Tristan Kohl wrote:
> Most things work flawelessly (samba, docker, etc.) but I do not get how one
> would get a BTRFS pool on LUKS drives working.
>
> I think I have to dig into OpenRC and drop some service in "sysinit" to
> decrypt my drives before fstab kicks in (which as far as I can tell
> happens in devfs). I have my crypttab setup to work with a keyfile which
> resides in /root.
>
> What I need:
> 1. Mapping all LUKS drives to /dev/mapper/poolX (setup in /etc/crypttab)
> 2. Run btrfs device scan to detect my pool
> 3. Mount pool according to fstab

I don't quite understand your problem. Did you read this [1]? Do you use
software raid (mdadm) or lvm? Anyway, make sure all the necessary features are
enabled in /etc/mkinitfs/mkinitfs.conf and rebuild it like described on the
linked wiki page.

If that does not work, please describe your exact problem with the setup.

[1] https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_disks_manually

Cheers,
--
Marco Dickert