Re: [alpine-user] How to setup BTRFS and LUKS

From: Tristan Kohl <tristan_at_icetown.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 12:58:35 +0200

I want to give a little update on my progress so far:

Thanks to Adam I was able to have my drives encrypted during boot.
However they still were not recognized by BTRFS as one coherent pool.

I then tried to put "btrfs device scan" at various places in
/etc/runlevel/boot/localmount and others but that did not change
anything. I can confirm that the command got executed since I wrote
"btrfs device scan > /scan.txt" which created a file containing
"Scanning for Btrfs filesystems" after boot. But somehow the scans'
result got lost afterwards. Even puttig it right before the line "moun
-at ..." inside localmount did not have any effect. I am lost right now
as to what else I can try to fix this.

As I read in Arch and Gentoo wiki they use some hooks in their initramfs
but I am not sure if that will help since decryption has to run before
scanning plus I do not find anything as to how one would use/configure
them in Alpine.

Does anyone smarter than me has any idea what else I could try?

Cheers,
Tristan