[alpine-user] lxterminal and vte

From: Fungi4All <fungilife_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:43:30 +0000

One thing I missed in Alpine was lxterminal, a tiny little luxury
I am used to.
lxterminal would install, it wouldn't produce an error but wouldn't run.
Recently I discovered in arch-testing that a new version of vte3
(vte for gtk3 I believe)
 broke some functions in lxterminal. Eventually from arch bug lxde was
notified and fixed lxterminal.
But alpine still has a 2 year old lxterminal.
I wish I knew how to make packages and contribute, but I don't.

In many distributions there is a rush to move to gtk3, wayland, and
things that worked tend to break. This is the push to get everyone
to comply with "majority" choices.
To me this seems as a discouraging general linux environment to engage in.