[alpine-user] ip_tables.ko versions on Raspberry

From: Brent B. Powers <brent.b.powers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 14:10:29 -0400

I've thrown Alpine onto a raspberry 2 to use as a DNS server, via a
sys-type installation. I've got my DNS going just fine, but I'm getting
hammered by ssh attempts. The obvious situation is sshguard, but that
requires (nowadays) a firewall.

I've apk'd iptables, but the service won't run, as there's no kernel
support. And here's the rub: I can't modprobe ip_tables.ko, as modprobe is
looking for it in 4.14.52-0-rpi2, and I've got it in 4.14.69-0-rpi2. I
don't know how that happened, but neither insmod or modprobe is letting me
past it (actually, insmod is giving me an error about Unknown Symbols).

To compound my difficulties, I'm more of a bsd person than linux, so,
please, be gentle. cheers, and thanks for the help.