Re: [alpine-user] Working OS suddenly got "exit due to timeout" after reboot.

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 13:54:06 +0200

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 13:46:29 +0800
Magicloud Magiclouds <magicloud.magiclouds_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running an Alpinelinux in ramdisk + USB storage way. It worked
> fine until I rebooted. I am sure I did not update the initfs. But now
> I got "nlplug-findfs: exit due to timeout". Rebooting did not fix
> this.
>
> Where should I check?

The message means that kernel did not find the USB stick within time.
Possible reasons is that USB host controller is too slow to initialize,
that driver to USB storage (or USB host controller) is missing in
initramfs or that the USB storage is broken.

You can try add a boot option `usbdelay=10` to give it more time. If
that does not help, then verify that drivers for USB controller is
included in initramfs image and that the USB storage is not defect.