Re: [alpine-user] "set -xe" command in Dockerfile

From: Daniel Isaksen <d_at_duniel.no>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 10:55:30 +0100

Basically makes the shell write traces for expanded commands before they're
executed, and for the shell to exit on non-zero exit statuses:

       −x The shell shall write to standard error a trace for
each command after it expands the command and before it executes it. It is
             unspecified whether the command that turns tracing off is
traced.

       −e When this option is on, when any command fails (for any of the
reasons listed in Section 2.8.1, Consequences of Shell Errors or by
             returning an exit status greater than zero), the shell
immediately shall exit with the following exceptions: *(...)*

-----
Sincerely / Med vennlig hilsen,
Daniel Isaksen <d_at_duniel.no> (https://duniel.no)