Re: [alpine-user] Alpine Linu Audio

From: Chloe Kudryavtsev <toast_at_toastin.space>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 09:13:33 -0500

On 11/15/18 9:07 AM, Pietro Leone Pola Falletti di Villafalletto wrote:
> the issue is that snd module is not loaded and even if I load it by hand > asamixer does not work. In dev/snd I see only /dev/snd/timer.Sounds
like your hardware isn't being autodetected. Or the correct module is
missing.
snd on its own does not do much, the one you're interested in looks more
like snd_hardware_identifier.
In the case of the rpi3, I believe it's supposed to use snd_bcm2835.

Looking at the linux-rpi kernel (which I hope you're using), it uses
defconfig, and does not patch that module off.
It is my understanding that defconfig as of 4.10 *should* have it
modularized by default.
It also does not appear to be split into a subpackage.

As such, I would try loading snd_bcm2835.
If this helps, use the modules initscript to force-load it on boot.
If the module is missing, you can compile it out-of-tree, or make your
own kernel configuration (or patch the linux-rpi aport to explicitly
include it).