Re: [alpine-user] /lib/modules/4.9.73-0-hardened/build missing, required by tp-smapi

From: Chloe Kudryavtsev <toast_at_toastin.space>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 02:53:50 -0500

On 11/19/2018 12:07 AM, fao_ wrote:
> Hi, it looks like the linux kernel development headers are missing*,
> and there doesn't seem to be a package for them. Did I miss something?

Yes, the package is usually called <kerver>-dev.

> /lib/modules/4.9.73-0-hardened/build

I'm not sure exactly where that one's coming from.
Hardened kernels were dropped (because grsec went private), and the last
available package (as far as I can tell) is 4.9.65-r1 - a lower version.

- linux-headers don't have a -dev variant, and are the headers for
interacting with the kernel (in /usr/include)
- kernel artifacts such as above are in a <kerver>-dev package
- you appear to be using a relatively old kernel, which does not have
KPTI (that was added to the 4.9 line in 4.9.75), though my understanding
is that grsec patches (as they were pre-private) aren't compatible with
KPTI.