[alpine-user] Ulimit

From: David Compton <d140frv_at_hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 20:53:28 +0000

Hi,

I have installed Alpine Linux to my Proxmox dev environment in a LXC container and am having an issue raising the file limits.

I have it installed on a reasonably busy haproxy server so I need to increase the file limits but I get the following error from this command:

ulimit -n 90000
ash: error setting limit: Operation not permitted

===

## Increase system file descriptor limit
fs.file-max = 65535

Am I doing something wrong? Any help appreciated!

David