[alpine-user] Launching udhcpc through wpa_cli actions

From: Gert de Best <bmartes_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 15:38:38 +0000

Hi All,

The wiki says:

With the above configuration, udhcpc will only run once at boot. If the Wifi isn't available then, or the network changes in between, it needs to be notified. This is done through the wpa_cli action script in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_cli.sh

rc-update add wpa_cli boot

But when I do this I get the next error messages when rebooting:

Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: (nill) error: No such file or directory

  * Start-stop-deamon: failed to start /sbin/wpa_cli
  * Failed to start wpa_cli
  * Error: wpa_cli failed to start

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Thanks in advance
Gert.