Re: [alpine-user] Startup hangs (aports: sshd?)

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:47:24 +0000

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 15:02:07 +0100
Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_at_sdaoden.eu> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> After upgrading to [edge] i see a possibly endless hang upon
> startup, which seems to be caused by PRNG init.

Try add random.trust_cpu=1 as boot option.

See:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/?h=linux-4.19.y&id=39a8883a2b989d1d21bd8dd99f5557f0c5e89694

and:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/?h=linux-4.19.y&id=9b25436662d5fb4c66eb527ead53cab15f596ee0