[alpine-user] libressl / openssl formulation in the news

From: Maximilian Batz <m2_at_7vi.de>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2019 00:09:48 +0100

Hi,

I've just signed up to this list.
Congratulations on 3.9.0!

IMHO in the release notes, it should say
"Switch from OpenSSL to LibreSSL"

instead of the other way around, as it does now. I have analysed the new init in the initramfs of the Raspberry Pi armhf distribution, and it install the libressl package there. Also, libressl being the newer fork this makes more sense anyways.

Here's my blogpost citing the code:
https://pi3g.com/2019/02/02/alpine-3-9-0-initramfs-init-changes/ [https://pi3g.com/2019/02/02/alpine-3-9-0-initramfs-init-changes/]

Max

We are an official approved Raspberry Pi reseller, and also an official Pi Zero W reseller - we take care of all your Raspberry Pi, accessory and consulting needs!
www.buyzero.de
pi3g e.K.
Zschochersche Allee 1
04207 Leipzig