Re: [alpine-user] Firefox situation

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 09:05:08 -0400

From: C�g <ca6c_at_bitmessage.ch>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 08:46:20 -0400

> If it's an old Thinkpad, Chromium/Firefox/Seamonkey will be really slow.
> Seamonkey is even more resource-hungry than FF in my experience. With
> NetSurf and some other similar browsers you have to know what they can't
> do. They also open your eyes at how horrible the Web is today.

I have the same machine an IBM with 2/4 Mb video.. i really hate the
process to make software today.. i setup an alpine in some machine
due that!

i resolved using older versions or own-made builds patched by me!
currently i use alpine 3.7 with some backported packages.. with
dual-boot Debian squeeze with chromiun 27 and firefox 42 rebuild with
patches backported, that works perfectly and quite faster rather than
using "fashion up to date" versions..

i have mi own palemoon build for me, with systemlibs.. well here in
Venezuela there's no law for sotfware..

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com