Re: [alpine-user] Virtualbox vboxsf error: Unknown symbol in module

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:47:56 +0100

Hi,

I think the problem is that we ship vboxguest from mainline kernel
which conflict with the thirdparty modules from
virtualbox-guest-modules-vanilla. This is something we are fixing in
updated linux-vanilla package which wil not include vbox modules.

As a workaround, til we have backported the fix, you can delete the
vbox module(s) provided by linux-vanilla and run depmod so the modules
from virtualbox-gues-modules-vanilla are used.

Sorry.