Re: [alpine-user] issues with compiler & crt

From: Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola_at_libero.it>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:00:47 +0100

Hello,

PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> as i know palemoon does not compile with gcc 5+  so i guess you should
> use a gcc 4.9 or less

"wrong" guess :) Palemoon 27 indeed needed gcc 4.x series, however this
fork has updated code and compiles up to gcc 6.5, this has been tested
on Linux /Devuan, Debian, Ubuntu and Gentoo). as well as NetBSD.

> in debian we can handle many compilers that are linked to a unique
> stdlib++

IN any case, here it is not an issue with the code, but with the
compiler tests failing due to linker symbols. I guess this is soemthing
Alpine specific.

Riccardo