Re: [alpine-user] issues with compiler & crt

From: Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola_at_libero.it>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 16:33:38 +0100

Hi!

PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> El vie., 22 de feb. de 2019 a la(s) 05:00, Riccardo Mottola
> (riccardo.mottola_at_libero.it <mailto:riccardo.mottola_at_libero.it>) escribió:
>
> "wrong" guess :) Palemoon 27 indeed needed gcc 4.x series, however
> this
> fork has updated code and compiles up to gcc 6.5, this has been
> tested
> on Linux /Devuan, Debian, Ubuntu and Gentoo). as well as NetBSD.
>
> i checked that browser ArticFox, seems like a modern up to date
> version of palemoon with some features from others browsers..
>
> the browser seems very new, seems works as a modern alternative to
> current ones, commits are very new, currently firefox x86 on alpine
> does not works and hangs any machines that not are minimal with 2GHz
> with two cores! so for olders options i guess are not an option and
> palemoon are the only one on those cases!..

I know that, 99% of the commits there are from me, I am working on that
fork :)

> IN any case, here it is not an issue with the code, but with the
> compiler tests failing due to linker symbols. I guess this is
> soemthing
> Alpine specific.
>
> ummm no idea, do you reported agains
> https://github.com/wicknix/Arctic-Fox/issues ?

no, I ddin't, since it would mean solving the issue myself. That's just
Matt's repo from which I fork to code on :)

This is an Alpine specific issue. I'd like to offer the browser I am
working on also on Alpine Linux since it might be of good, but I'd need
some help.

Thank you,

Riccardo