Re: [alpine-user] issues with compiler & crt

From: Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola_at_libero.it>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 23:46:23 +0100

Hi Finn!

Finn O'Leary wrote:
> Are you sure /usr/lib/ contains (crti.o|Scrt1.o|libssp_nonshared.a)?
> They are contained in the package `musl-dev`, ensure you have this package
> before building. If not that, then it is likely that your build process is
> checking /usr/lib32 and /usr/lib64 but not /usr/lib
>
> Hope this helps

yes, It helps! but not enough.
I have a conflict with gcc8 and gcc6, that is "gcc" (which is acutally
gcc8) and the gcc6 I do need to compile this.

I would have expected to be able to intall two compilers.
gcc6 itself goes, but not g++6, since apparently the two libstdcc+8 and
libstdc++-6 cannot exist together? The former is needed for icu, shich
is important, so, apparently one cannot have two different g++ versions

I tried removing them, just as a test, but still cannot, it seems g++6
itself depends on libstdc++ 8, but so I entr some sort of loop.

Can two versions of the compiler exist? Can gc6 be used alone, at least
(even if having gcc8 is preferrable, since good for other packages)

Riccardo