Re: [alpine-user] issues with compiler & crt

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 20:44:41 -0400

El lun., 25 de feb. de 2019 a la(s) 18:46, Riccardo Mottola (
riccardo.mottola_at_libero.it) escribió:

> gcc8) and the gcc6 I do need to compile this.
>
> I would have expected to be able to intall two compilers.

that was i pointed before in the second email ...

> gcc6 itself goes, but not g++6, since apparently the two libstdcc+8 and
> libstdc++-6 cannot exist together? The former is needed for icu, shich

that are possible but bit difficult, as i can see in the debian rules, you
can do that (as i far guess):
compiler by default are gccX with "x" mayor of 6 ...
now the second compiler you have to build with static i guess,
and then due the system libstdc++6 and other libs installed will be used
to link the compiled older gcc (due the newer lib have support for the
older basically),
some other thing are but more complicated but are in fact possible
due i see gcc 4.X and 8 in same system in debian..

ii try to point some "how" in this mail but the rules are very very large,
divided into
many subrules.. sorry but at least i point that can be do it!

well that are in teory, due some support beetween versions are removed as i
see
in the changelog html lib in the gnu gcc page..