[alpine-user] apk info to get package depends?

From: John Miner <jminer74_at_post.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 18:34:18 +0100
Is there a way to use "apk info" to retrieve a listing of the package names on which a specific package depends, (i.e., the package names that can be used in an "apk add" rather than just the module names)?

For example, when I use --depends, it provides a list of some packages and some modules, not all of which can be used in "apk add":

apk info --repository /tmp/alpine/apks/ --arch armhf --depends openvpn
  openvpn-2.4.6-r4 depends on:
  iproute2
  /bin/sh
  so:libc.musl-x86_64.so.1
  so:libcrypto.so.1.1
  so:liblzo2.so.2
  so:libssl.so.1.1

Is there a way to use apk to get the actual package names of the dependencies (similar to the list that appears under "Depends" on pkgs.alpinelinux.org)? For example, for the above, I would want:

https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/main/armhf/openvpn
Depends:
  busybox
  iproute2
  libcrypto1.1
  libssl1.1
  lzo
  musl
--- Unsubscribe: alpine-user+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org Help: alpine-user+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org --- Received on Sat Mar 02 2019 - 18:34:18 UTC