Re: [alpine-user] LAMP setup

From: Chloe Kudryavtsev <toast_at_toastin.space>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 14:54:11 -0500

Hi,

On 3/2/2019 12:50 PM, daffodil-11_at_protonmail.ch wrote:
> I'm new to alpine and am planning to set up a dedicated LAMP on it. Is there anything I should know going into it that differs greatly from setting it up on an Ubuntu machine for which I have practical experience?

Alpine has two large (technical) differentiating details from Ubuntu.
1. We use the musl libc instead of glibc.

This should not mean much in your use-case, since Apache, MySQL and PHP
are all available.

2. We use openrc instead of systemd/sysv/upstart (and so on).

This *will* affect you, but it should not be particularly significant.
It basically means that enabling/disabling/starting/stopping services
will work a bit differently.
However, such basic usage is quite simple, and you should not have any
particular problems.