Re: [alpine-user] missing header sys/queue.h

From: Chloe Kudryavtsev <toast_at_toastin.space>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 21:20:59 -0500

Hey again Riccardo.

> is missing of BLOCK_SIZE another known alpine/musl issue?

BLOCK_SIZE is canonically defined in linux/fs.h as (1 << BLOCK_SIZE_BITS).

Glibc coincidentally redefines it to a hardcoded 1024 in sys/mount.h,
but this is a glibc-specific extension.

Please make sure your project includes the correct header.

Also, do note that searching for "musl BLOCK_SIZE" (at least from where
I'm at) gives relevant results in the top two slots (I haven't checked
much lower).

It would be nice if for simpler issues (like finding a missing file
using an automated tool, or where a symbol normally is), you could do
the search yourself.

This means less effort for me, and significantly less waiting for you.
Instead of having to wait until I (or someone else) gets to helping you
in their TODO list, you could have had your answer within a minute or
two (rather than the > 1 day it took me to get back to you this time).