[alpine-user] Upgrade issues on Raspberry Pi

From: Brent B. Powers <brent.b.powers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 18:22:37 -0400

I recently upgraded from 3.8.2 to 3.9.2, on a system install on a raspberry
pi 3.

It did not go well. It finally turned out that the the upgrade process
changed the fstab file, and added the mount of mmcblk0p2 at /. As that was
also specified on the commandline, the mount was made ro, and all hell
broke loose from there. More specifically, none of the boot services ran,
so the machine just sat there, cold and lonely, with no network, no
hostname, no nothing.

Having repaired the problem by simply removing mmcblk0p2 from fstab, all is
well with the world again (WRT that machine, at least), but I thought I'd
let someone know of the issues.

Cheers