[alpine-user] First Presentation Message

From: Genoperno Translucente <fz12345_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 15:42:50 +0100

I've known alpine linux for several years but, even though I've done
several tests, I didn't decide to use it because I don't consider
myself a linux expert.
This time I wanted to try it again more seriously (in my free time)
and so here I am.
Usually I don't write a letter of introduction, but since I wanted to
say some things not strictly related to the distribution, I took the
opportunity to write one (so you can ignore this mail).
In order:
1)I'm not familiar with mailing lists, I don't want to do anything
wrong, if you have any rules to give me, I'll read them with pleasure.
2)Because of my impracticality, I left the mailing list as my last
choice but: the forum https://forum.alpinelinux.org is not reachable
and the #alpine-linux on freenode is empty.
3)In the past I have been a user of tinycore linux, a nice distro,
similar on some things to alpine (small size, bootable in ram,
modular). In the end I abandoned it because there was no standard
format of autamoatization of package building (like arch).
I don't know if that's the case yet, but at the time it meant that for
each major version change (tinycore is not rolling release) you had to
use a custom method to rebuild the packages and email them to the
developers.
I don't think that if I have to stay on alpine I'll be able to create
my packages in a short time, but I'd like to know if you have a
standard script format and an automated building procedure for
packages.

Now I write another message, because I have a graphic problem but I
want to talk about it separately