Re: [alpine-user] Graphic glitches with video acceleration

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 08:48:40 -0400

El vie., 15 de mar. de 2019 a la(s) 01:49, Genoperno Translucente (
fz12345_at_gmail.com) escribió:

> APPEND modules=loop,squashfs,sd-mod,usb-storage,i915,intel_agp quiet
> nomodeset i915.modeset=0
> Another strange thing is that it seemed to me that while the i915
> module is loaded, intel_agp no and I had to use modprobe.

in my previous message i said that if you use both .. the usage of i915 and
intel_agp are unuseless

> However the error is always the same, with your previous message did
> you mean that there was no solution unless there was an idea from
> nathaniel?

WOW! ok if you use both.. you must setup manually intel xorg conf
ok let me said that i only give you tips.. not a complete how to!
just was for usage to point to a right direction!

i not have good results in my DELL R15 inspiron.. sorry.. and i very busy
to try ...

maybe it's time to give more details and open an issue at alpine bug tracker

remenber to put:

* lspci results
* hardware description (i mean kind of machine and name model)
* version of alpine and kernel usage
* xorg config if use

among others minor details...