Re: [alpine-user] Setup an official "Alpine Linux Archive"?

From: John Miner <jminer74_at_post.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 02:46:20 +0100

Should be relativley trivial to checkout the appropriate commit on aports to build at any state, which is obviously one of the benefits of having the aports tree. Looks like he needs to cross-compile to arm, so maybe one answer would be to get bootstrap.sh on travis ci or other to make sure it builds prior to commiting a new version of alpine. Bootstrap.sh has broken several times inevitably as things move around, so would be good to make sure it builds under different archs before commiting an alpine release. Maybe even improve the bootstrap documentation, then you aren’t in the business of storing binaries for multiple architectures.

Or maybe we could have a docker image prepared for each release that has everything in it to build that release under all archs, including a validated bootstrap.sh.