Re: [alpine-user] Alpine Failed to Boot up the Raspberry Pi 3 B+

From: Tyler A <tylera_at_privatedemail.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 10:32:33 +0000

On 25/3/19 4:54 pm, Brent B. Powers wrote:
> Just as a point of verification, I've the same set of issues. At first
> I'd thought it had to do with the upgrade from 3.8, but at this point
> I've been unable to get 3.9.2 properly booting on a 3 or 0 in any way.

Okay so I have Raspberry Pi 2 B, which has:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 38.40
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt
vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xc07
CPU revision : 5

processor : 1
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 38.40
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt
vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xc07
CPU revision : 5

processor : 2
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 38.40
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt
vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xc07
CPU revision : 5

processor : 3
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 38.40
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt
vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xc07
CPU revision : 5

Hardware : BCM2835
Revision : a21041

I tried the armv7 image and that worked. Maybe if you're on the
Raspberry Pi 3 you should try the aarch64 image, I think aarch64 is more
optimized than armhf for Pi 3 (which is 64bit).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37790029/what-is-difference-between-arm64-and-armhf

--
Tyler (tya99)
rsa4096/0x9C9954F88E388859