Re: [alpine-user] Hi a few questions...

From: Maximilian Batz <m2_at_7vi.de>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 13:45:32 +0200

Hi,

most probably it's not possible to install any random binaries.
The reason is that Alpine uses musl instead of glibc as C standard library (mostly).

You can build these browsers, but it will probably be a long and tedious process.
As far as I understand it, the hardened patches were not supported anymore by the authors and/or had turned commercial, therefore are not included anymore.

About the timezone: no idea, sorry. I'm using Alpine as a headless system.
About users and groups: sorry, can't help either.

HTH,
Max

We are an official approved Raspberry Pi reseller, and also an official Pi Zero W reseller - we take care of all your Raspberry Pi, accessory and consulting needs!
www.buyzero.de
pi3g e.K.
Zschochersche Allee 1
04207 Leipzig
Tel: 089/878069850
e-Mail: m2_at_7vi.de [mailto:m2_at_7vi.de]