[alpine-user] Support request - Force DNS requests to go over TCP

From: Richard Tweed <rtweed_at_thoughtmachine.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 14:00:40 +0100

Hi all,

I've run into a situation where I need DNS resolution to always be over TCP
rather than UDP due to AWS dropping DNS packets frequently enough to be a
problem. On glibc based environments I can use the use-vc option in the
resolv.conf file.
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man5/resolv.conf.5.html
On Alpine this doesn't seem to be supported and I would love to hear any
suggestions about achieving this behaviour.

Feel free to CC me on this discussion

Many thanks,

--
Richard Finlay Tweed