[alpine-user] Re: What is the best install type for embedded projects on the Raspberry Pi Zero?

From: East <e4st_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 00:43:53 +0000

On an unrelated note: does Alpine even support the Pi Zero? Because based on some research I just did, it looks like there is only an image for armhf, and the Pi 1 and Zero do not support armhf.

Maybe I am mistaken. [The Alpine downloads page](https://alpinelinux.org/downloads/) lists the Pi 1 as being supported, and the Pi Zero uses the same processor. But the Pi 1 can't run the armhf build, nor aarch64 or armv7 AFAIK.

I have followed the instructions in the wiki to try to get the Pi Zero to work with armhf, so I know for a fact that it fails. I get 7 LED blinks, which indicates that it can't find the kernel, which I am assuming means that it doesn't like armhf. I could be wrong though.