Re: [alpine-user] how to package with debootstrap or somethig similar? wiki does not are updated

From: Marco Dickert <marco_at_misterunknown.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 13:55:52 +0200

On 2019-06-05 07:04:47, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> OK thanks for the response... my intentions was try to find something
> similar to debootstrap
> so then refine and made omething like open suse build service...
> but seems alpine are so far away from automaton tools
> and will be a hard task to do...

Well, I don't see the problem. You have apk.static which provides basically what
debootstrap does. It can be easily automated with a bit of scripting.

If that is too much for you, you could even make use of Docker to create your
own build service. It is indeed a bit of work to do, but I don't see how the
alpine toolchain isn't sufficient to do so.

--
Marco Dickert
marco_at_misterunknown.de