~alpine/aports

1

[alpine-aports] Re: alpine linux + texlive

Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@gmail.com>
<20150817022542.GB2568@newbook>
On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 10:37:07AM -0300, Isadora Souza wrote:
> Hello Isaac.
> I need texlive on a daily basis because I'm writing my masters thesis.
> I'm now using alpine linux but I have the same bug I found here:
> http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/4514
> Would you be kind enough to look into the issue? I found your email
> from the website where you were listed as a dev.
> Thanks a lot, I really need this.

(CC'ing the contributor and the aports mailing list.)

I've never used TeX, so I'm not really the best person to ask; and I
don't think I could test a fix for the build script, given how large
TeXlive is.

But the BLFS archives, particularly this post:
http://osdir.com/ml/blfs-dev/2015-06/msg00062.html

point at this modification to the install script:

https://github.com/elkrejzi/system-management/blob/master/buildscripts/buildtexlive#L52

as being necessary.
Untested patch (against aports)attached.

Alternately,
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.live/36858
says:
 Nobody ever said that the texlive-20150521-source is enough to get a
 running/working system. You need the Master/texmf-dist tree, also in svn.

 There you find
	Master/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/mktexlsr.pl
 I repeat: Taking the source.tar.gz, compiling, and using the inst
 directory will *NOT* give you a working TeX system. The source tar is
 only used for building the binaries *to*be*dropped* into Master/bin/≤ARCH>/

HTH,
Isaac Dunham
<20150818160157.57936922@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<20150817022542.GB2568@newbook> (view parent)
On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 19:25:43 -0700
Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 10:37:07AM -0300, Isadora Souza wrote:
> > Hello Isaac.
> > I need texlive on a daily basis because I'm writing my masters thesis.
> > I'm now using alpine linux but I have the same bug I found here:
> > http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/4514
> > Would you be kind enough to look into the issue? I found your email
> > from the website where you were listed as a dev.
> > Thanks a lot, I really need this.
>
> (CC'ing the contributor and the aports mailing list.)
>
> I've never used TeX, so I'm not really the best person to ask; and I
> don't think I could test a fix for the build script, given how large
> TeXlive is.
>
> But the BLFS archives, particularly this post:
> http://osdir.com/ml/blfs-dev/2015-06/msg00062.html
>
> point at this modification to the install script:
>
> https://github.com/elkrejzi/system-management/blob/master/buildscripts/buildtexlive#L52
>
> as being necessary.
> Untested patch (against aports)attached.
>

> Alternately,
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.live/36858
> says:
>  Nobody ever said that the texlive-20150521-source is enough to get a
>  running/working system. You need the Master/texmf-dist tree, also in svn.
>
>  There you find
> 	Master/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/mktexlsr.pl
>  I repeat: Taking the source.tar.gz, compiling, and using the inst
>  directory will *NOT* give you a working TeX system. The source tar is
>  only used for building the binaries *to*be*dropped* into Master/bin/*ARCH>/
>
> HTH,
> Isaac Dunham

Thanks for looking at it.

The patch does not seem to fix the issue totally. But I believe it is a
step in the right direction so I applied it (with a minor fix:
s/$DEST/$pkgdir/)

Unsubscribe:  alpine-aports+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-aports+help@lists.alpinelinux.org