[alpine-devel] postgres 8.2 or 8.3

<1237878375.19302.3.camel@nc>

I saw on IRC that  you had some issues with postgres 8.3.

Do you think we should switch to postgres 8.2? I don't think there any
1.9 postgres installations in production so I don't think it would be a
big problem to go back.

It's not always good to stay on the bleeding edge :-/

[alpine-devel] Re: postgres 8.2 or 8.3

Nathan Angelacos <nangel@nothome.org>
<49C9B5AD.2090504@nothome.org>
In-Reply-To
<1237878375.19302.3.camel@nc> (view parent)
Natanael Copa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw on IRC that  you had some issues with postgres 8.3.

Its a postgres problem with the upgrade from 8.2 -> 8.3, not an
alpinelinux problem.

> Do you think we should switch to postgres 8.2? I don't think there any
> 1.9 postgres installations in production so I don't think it would be a
> big problem to go back.

Nah.  the upgrade from 8.2 -> 8.3 is painful no matter when you do it -
so we have to deal with it at some point.

> It's not always good to stay on the bleeding edge :-/

Actually, I like 8.3 so far. :-)  and I LOVE 1.9 :D