[alpine-devel] extra/iaxmodem: move to /usr/sbin

<1238054653.16385.10.camel@nc>
Cameron,

You are the maintainer for iaxmodem so I'm telling I took some liberty
to clean it up a bit.

Basicly, I moved it from /sbin to /usr/sbin since its not really needed
for booting, restoring, recovering, and/or repairing the system. (see
http://pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SBINSYSTEMBINARIES )

while there I also removed the uclibc++ dependency (added by mmason
here:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/?id=615d2cc07d0670b067225881a43352c58f4e2205 )

Nothing links to uclibc++ (use 'scanelf -Rn pkg/' to verify that) and
the g++ check is only done by braindead configure script. So, I just
patch the configure script and removed the uclibc++ stuff.

I also removed the comments at the end that hold dead code for
installing init.d script. If you plan to add init.d scripts the package
should have been in testing and not in "extra".

My commit:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/?id=8d9d321723fe5361d0886f9f8f66801c1f11b0b3

Are you ok with those changes?

[alpine-devel] Re: extra/iaxmodem: move to /usr/sbin

Cameron Banta <cbanta@gmail.com>
<531b02ea0903261348u426dce59v6616f1451ac210@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1238054653.16385.10.camel@nc> (view parent)
Natanael,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com>wrote:

> Cameron,
>
> You are the maintainer for iaxmodem so I'm telling I took some liberty
> to clean it up a bit.
>
> Basicly, I moved it from /sbin to /usr/sbin since its not really needed
> for booting, restoring, recovering, and/or repairing the system. (see
> http://pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SBINSYSTEMBINARIES )
>
> while there I also removed the uclibc++ dependency (added by mmason
> here:
>
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/?id=615d2cc07d0670b067225881a43352c58f4e2205)
>
> Nothing links to uclibc++ (use 'scanelf -Rn pkg/' to verify that) and
> the g++ check is only done by braindead configure script. So, I just
> patch the configure script and removed the uclibc++ stuff.
>
> I also removed the comments at the end that hold dead code for
> installing init.d script. If you plan to add init.d scripts the package
> should have been in testing and not in "extra".
>
> My commit:
>
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/commit/?id=8d9d321723fe5361d0886f9f8f66801c1f11b0b3
>
> Are you ok with those changes?
>
> -nc
>
> Those changes sound good. Thanks for cleaning it up. I didn't think about
it or plan on it at the time, I was making it as a dependency for hylafax,
but now I think it probably does need an init script. I'll work on that and
submit a patch.

Thanks,
Cameron

[alpine-devel] Re: extra/iaxmodem: move to /usr/sbin

Cameron Banta <cbanta@gmail.com>
<531b02ea0903261450q34d500cbpe5f0eb7a181ce596@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<531b02ea0903261348u426dce59v6616f1451ac210@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Here's an init.d script for iaxmodem. Please review.

-Cameron
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)