[alpine-devel] .gitignore suggestion on exclude git-format patch files

<20090605134850.A6B5437E4B@smtp4-2-sn2.hy.skanova.net>
WHen doing 'git format-patch' I get a nnnn-some-text-here.patch file that I send to this list (see attached file).
I don't want 'git status' to care about this file because it's just a patch I send to you.
So I would suggest this could be applied in main tree.

<<mhavela>>
<1244214797.20550.10.camel@nc>
In-Reply-To
<20090605134850.A6B5437E4B@smtp4-2-sn2.hy.skanova.net> (view parent)
On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 13:48 +0000, Mika Havela wrote:
> WHen doing 'git format-patch' I get a nnnn-some-text-here.patch file that I send to this list (see attached file).
> I don't want 'git status' to care about this file because it's just a patch I send to you.
> So I would suggest this could be applied in main tree.
>
> <<mhavela>>

cannot have that in gitignore since we cannot guarantee that there are
no 000*patch files in aports tree that should be there

for example:
./core/linux-grsec-sources/0001-linux-2.6.28.5-ipgre-strict-binding.patch
./core/linux-grsec-sources/0002-linux-2.6.28.5-ipgre-optimize-hash-lookup.patch

Michael Mason <ms13sp@gmail.com>
<A7DA1883-CEB6-48E8-BBFF-5DC4EB77B11A@gmail.com>
On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:48 PM, Mika Havela wrote:

> WHen doing 'git format-patch' I get a nnnn-some-text-here.patch file
> that I send to this list (see attached file).
> I don't want 'git status' to care about this file because it's just
> a patch I send to you.
> So I would suggest this could be applied in main tree.
>
> <<mhavela>>

Patch Applied.
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports-mmason/

> <0001-.gitignore-Suggestion-on-howto-exclude-git-format.patch>

<1244316209.20550.28.camel@nc>
In-Reply-To
<A7DA1883-CEB6-48E8-BBFF-5DC4EB77B11A@gmail.com> (view parent)
On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 00:56 +0000, Michael Mason wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:48 PM, Mika Havela wrote:
>
> > WHen doing 'git format-patch' I get a nnnn-some-text-here.patch file
> > that I send to this list (see attached file).
> > I don't want 'git status' to care about this file because it's just
> > a patch I send to you.
> > So I would suggest this could be applied in main tree.
> >
> > <<mhavela>>
> >

> Patch Applied.
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports-mmason/
>
> > <0001-.gitignore-Suggestion-on-howto-exclude-git-format.patch>

Please revert this patch (or I will not be able to pull your tree) as it
will break the build tree. This effectively forbids any APKBUILDs use
any 000*.patch files. Run a 'find -name '000*.patch' in your tree and
you will find which packages it will break.

That said, nothing prevents Mika to have those changes in *his* tree.
Just be aware of what you really are doing.

Other option is that Mika use 'git format-patch -o'.

Michael Mason <ms13sp@gmail.com>
<3DD08344-3142-4FE2-87AB-E46FCDB37391@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1244316209.20550.28.camel@nc> (view parent)
On Jun 6, 2009, at 7:23 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 00:56 +0000, Michael Mason wrote:
>> On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:48 PM, Mika Havela wrote:
>>
>>> WHen doing 'git format-patch' I get a nnnn-some-text-here.patch file
>>> that I send to this list (see attached file).
>>> I don't want 'git status' to care about this file because it's just
>>> a patch I send to you.
>>> So I would suggest this could be applied in main tree.
>>>
>>> <<mhavela>>
>>>

>> Patch Applied.
>> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports-mmason/
>>
>>> <0001-.gitignore-Suggestion-on-howto-exclude-git-format.patch>
>
> Please revert this patch (or I will not be able to pull your tree)
> as it
> will break the build tree. This effectively forbids any APKBUILDs use
> any 000*.patch files. Run a 'find -name '000*.patch' in your tree and
> you will find which packages it will break.

Thanks for the heads up. Reverted changes.
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports-mmason/commit/?id=e2b5ba4617a752900656a2d239c4f0bcc6a073d4

> That said, nothing prevents Mika to have those changes in *his* tree.
> Just be aware of what you really are doing.
>
> Other option is that Mika use 'git format-patch -o'.
>
> -nc

<1244548793.5347.3.camel@localhost.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<3DD08344-3142-4FE2-87AB-E46FCDB37391@gmail.com> (view parent)
On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 12:02 +0000, Michael Mason wrote:
> On Jun 6, 2009, at 7:23 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:

> >> Patch Applied.
> >> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports-mmason/

> > Please revert this patch (or I will not be able to pull your tree)
> > as it
> > will break the build tree. This effectively forbids any APKBUILDs use
> > any 000*.patch files. Run a 'find -name '000*.patch' in your tree and
> > you will find which packages it will break.
> >

> Thanks for the heads up. Reverted changes.
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports-mmason/commit/?id=e2b5ba4617a752900656a2d239c4f0bcc6a073d4

I merged your tree.

I took the liberty to change the pgcluster versino number to 1.9.0_rc5.
That way apk-tools will know that 1.9.0 is newer than 1.9.0_rc5.
(Otherwise apk-tools would believe that its newer)

Also removed depends in some of the packages, while there. With abuild
1.15 and newer we dont need add dynamic linked depends as abuild will
detect those himself.