[alpine-devel] Bumping version for acf-skins

<20090803125357.B1FF337E43@smtp4-1-sn2.hy.skanova.net>
Please review and commit patch.
<1249472238.12941.117.camel@localhost.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<20090803125357.B1FF337E43@smtp4-1-sn2.hy.skanova.net> (view parent)
On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 12:53 +0000, Mika Havela wrote:
> Please review and commit patch.

I have a script that I use to bump versions. Its easier for me to

 abump acf-skins-0.1.7

than saving patch, copy it to the dev box, apply and test.

drawback is that you dont end up as author. sorry.

I have been thinking of having a database with packages and versions and
a web interface where users can report packages outdated and input what
version is available. similar to what Archlinux does.

Then I could have some automated stuff that tries to build all the
things users have reported. I'd still need to deal with some packages
that needs manual handling - or maybe have a bump() function in the
APKBUILD that deals with it?

Would make it alot less work to keep things up to date.

<4A798CE8.9080202@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1249472238.12941.117.camel@localhost.localdomain> (view parent)
Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 12:53 +0000, Mika Havela wrote:
>
>> Please review and commit patch.
>>

> I have a script that I use to bump versions. Its easier for me to
>
>  abump acf-skins-0.1.7
>
> than saving patch, copy it to the dev box, apply and test.
>
> drawback is that you dont end up as author. sorry.
>
> I have been thinking of having a database with packages and versions and
> a web interface where users can report packages outdated and input what
> version is available. similar to what Archlinux does.
>
> Then I could have some automated stuff that tries to build all the
> things users have reported. I'd still need to deal with some packages
> that needs manual handling - or maybe have a bump() function in the
> APKBUILD that deals with it?
>
> Would make it alot less work to keep things up to date.
>
> -nc

If abump makes things easier for you I'm ok with it.
I don't need to be the author as long as the package ends up in the next
iso.

Yes... such webinterface (or some other way to inform about outdated
packages) would be a nice feature.

<<mhavela>>