[alpine-devel] Wireshark in 1.9

Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy@thomersonfamily.com>
<6602aeca0908171403v595e501bn7509a95cca524a2a@mail.gmail.com>
Did Wireshark go away in 1.9?  I found it in 1.7 and 1.8, but I can't find
it to install it on my router running 1.9.  I tried installing the apk file
I downloaded from the 1.8 repo [1] but it didn't work.

http://dev.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.8/apks/wireshark-1.0.5.apk

Jeremy Thomerson
Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy@thomersonfamily.com>
<6602aeca0908171454k2b5849b1h56edd6f6cd834e57@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<37C1045A-F76F-49BD-A34F-D478060AC6EF@gmail.com> (view parent)
Thanks!  In the interim, I found tcpdump, which basically did what I needed.

Jeremy

<6602aeca0908171403v595e501bn7509a95cca524a2a@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

<6602aeca0908190035w6f6f3c40q4608f93dfa16ba9@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<37C1045A-F76F-49BD-A34F-D478060AC6EF@gmail.com> (view parent)
Patch attached.  Should I create a bug and attach it to that, or is emailing
it to the list sufficient?

PS - Many thanks to ncopa for helping me on IRC to create my first APKBUILD.

Thanks,
Jeremy

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Michael Mason <ms13sp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2009, at 9:03 PM, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
>
>  Did Wireshark go away in 1.9?  I found it in 1.7 and 1.8, but I can't find
>> it to install it on my router running 1.9.  I tried installing the apk file
>> I downloaded from the 1.8 repo [1] but it didn't work.
>>
>>  We are still working on getting all the packages for 1.9.
> If you would like to see this added you can fill out a feature request at
> bugs.alpinelinux.org.
>

> If you are able to help build the package there are some instructions on
> the website...
>
> http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/w/index.php?title=Setting_up_the_build_environment
> http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/w/index.php?title=Creating_an_Alpine_package
>

>  http://dev.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v1.8/apks/wireshark-1.0.5.apk
>>
>> Jeremy Thomerson

<1250866713.4461.14.camel@localhost.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<6602aeca0908190035w6f6f3c40q4608f93dfa16ba9@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 02:35 -0500, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
> Patch attached.  Should I create a bug and attach it to that, or is
> emailing it to the list sufficient?

posting here is good enough

I applied it.

Might be i move it to x11/, enable gtk and make a tshark subpackage for
the non-gtk version.

thanks!