[alpine-devel] how do I get axfrdns (djbdns) going in Alpine?

<9BDC6D38983C45A6A0710925FF6BDE50@markseymour>
Hello alpine-devel's, and thank you for Alpine Linux!  I am a longtime user of LEAF and its predecessor LRP, so I was excited to find Alpine, as I've wanted to get away from floppy disk storage of configs for a long time now.

I have Shorewall configured to my liking, as well as Tinydns, but now I want to be able to provide axfr responses to non - djb slave dns servers, and I would like to log queries.  I have not found any documentation on how to do this with Alpine.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have added the package djbdns-1.05-r32, which contains axfrdns, but I don't know where to go from there.  Do I follow the Bernstein instructions at http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/axfrdns-conf.html , including creating 'acct' and 'logacct'?  I assume not, since I don't see a daemontools package available to give me multilog.  I'd be happy to rtfm if I could find the fm ;)

Alternatively, I'll consider using BIND since you have it available....
Timo Teräs <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<4AFE6935.3090500@iki.fi>
In-Reply-To
<9BDC6D38983C45A6A0710925FF6BDE50@markseymour> (view parent)
MarkSeymour@GuildAssociates.com wrote:
> Hello alpine-devel's, and thank you for Alpine Linux!  I am a longtime
> user of LEAF and its predecessor LRP, so I was excited to find Alpine,
> as I've wanted to get away from floppy disk storage of configs for a
> long time now.
>
> I have Shorewall configured to my liking, as well as Tinydns, but now I
> want to be able to provide axfr responses to non - djb slave dns
> servers, and I would like to log queries.  I have not found any
> documentation on how to do this with Alpine.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> I have added the package djbdns-1.05-r32, which contains axfrdns, but I
> don't know where to go from there.  Do I follow the Bernstein
> instructions at http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/axfrdns-conf.html , including
> creating 'acct' and 'logacct'?  I assume not, since I don't see a
> daemontools package available to give me multilog.  I'd be happy to rtfm
> if I could find the fm ;)
>
> Alternatively, I'll consider using BIND since you have it available....

I have axfrdns running on an Alpine 1.8 based box. It uses tcpserver from
ucspi-tcp package. I attached the init.d script I'm using. Something like
this should be added to djbdns package.

- Timo
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)