Re: [alpine-devel] Re: help: freepbx install on alpine linux

Kenny Aral <oggyk22@ufl.edu>
<2095766125.79401271400643798.JavaMail.osg@osgjas02.cns.ufl.edu>
Thank you for the input Carlo. The last few days I have been
trying to go the MySQL route and compile Asterisk. I was able to
successfully build and install Asterisk 1.6.2 along with the
Asterisk Add-ons, however I'm confused about how to run it. The
README says to use the command "asterisk -vvvc", but when I did
this the CLI command-line did not display. If I try to use
"asterisk -r" then I get the Unable to Connect error. Are Zaptel
and Libpri required to compile Asterisk? I did not have these
installed when I tried to do this. I actually tried to install
Zaptel, but I was getting an error that had something to do with
the incorrect version of the linux-grsec apk. I was hoping to get
a working Asterisk box before beginning the MySQL installation.

I'm going to continue in this direction for now, but I'm willing
to try your approach with Sqlite3. Did you have any luck with this
or did you also run into problems? This is all new to me so I
really appreciate the help. One more question: I ran into some
problems during the Asterisk installations when I was running
Alpine 1.9 inside VirtualBox. I would get a memory call trace
error after a make command. This didn't happen when I booted
Alpine without using a virtual machine. Any ideas why?

On Tue Apr 13 08:05:41 EDT 2010, Carlo Landmeter
<clandmeter@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> webserver on Alpine. The problem was because I was not running
>> Alpine from
>> the hard drive of the Guest OS inside VirtualBox.
>>
>> Currently, I am adapting this install procedure for Alpine:
>> http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/installation/install-procedure-for-centos-4-3
>> which is for CentOS Linux. As far as I can tell, these are all
>> of the
>> dependencies needed for the install (I put x's next to the ones
>> that I was
>> able to add with apk):
>>
>> make ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??x
>> gcc ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? x
>> uclibc-dev ?? ?? ??x
>> glib-dev ?? ?? ?? ??x
>> g++ ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? x
>> libxml2-dev ?? ?? x
>> tiff-dev ?? ?? ?? ??x
>> mysql-server
>> php-gd ?? ?? ?? ?? ??x
>> php-mysql ?? ?? ?? x
>> installkernel ?? x
>> bison ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? x
>> ncurses-dev ?? ?? x
>> audiofile-dev
>> subversion ?? ?? ??x
>> libogg-dev ?? ?? ??x
>> openssl-dev ?? ?? x
>> mysql-dev ?? ?? ?? x
>> lame ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??x
>> asterisk ?? ?? ?? ??x
>> asterisk-dev ?? ??x
>>
>> The only two dependencies I couldn't find were mysql-server and
>> audiofile-dev. The installation has gone smoothly up until
>> trying to setup
>> the MySQL database. I'm getting the following error even though
>> the mysql
>> process is running:
>>
>> # mysqladmin create asterisk
>> mysqladmin: could not connect to server at 'localhost' failed
>> error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
>> password: NO)'
>>
>> On Fri Apr 09 13:04:10 EDT 2010, Michael Mason
>> <ms13sp@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Message below

>>> Thanks for the interest in the project.

>>> Sorry you are having problems.
>>>
>>> The best approach to this might be to have the list of programs
>>> ??needed.
>>> Have you gone through and tried to build apks for the program
>>> ??and its
>>> dependencies?
>>> http://alpinelinux.org/wiki/Developer_Documentation

>>> Do you have some errors of what you are getting? Package and
>>> release
>>> ??versions? Version of alpine you are using? Bugs can be
>>> reported here:
>>> http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/

>>> I don't. If we had a list of programs and their dependencies
>>> that ??would
>>> help get things started.

>>> Copying the Alpine Dev ML.
>>>
>>> Mike-ms13sp@gmail.com

>> --
>> ARAL,KENNY A
>>

>> ---
>> ---

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: help: freepbx install on alpine linux

<g2n1b2623ac1004160320y688fb257z79aa697a79fc7a72@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<2095766125.79401271400643798.JavaMail.osg@osgjas02.cns.ufl.edu> (view parent)
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Kenny Aral <oggyk22@ufl.edu> wrote:
> Thank you for the input Carlo. The last few days I have been trying to go
> the MySQL route and compile Asterisk. I was able to successfully build and
> install Asterisk 1.6.2 along with the Asterisk Add-ons, however I'm confused
> about how to run it.

Why are you building asterisk when its already included in our repo?
See: http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/asterisk

 The README says to use the command "asterisk -vvvc",
> but when I did this the CLI command-line did not display. If I try to use
> "asterisk -r" then I get the Unable to Connect error. Are Zaptel and Libpri
> required to compile Asterisk?

No they are not, this is only needed if you use specific voip hardware.
BTW Zaptel has been replaced by Dahdi:

http://blogs.digium.com/2008/05/19/zaptel-project-being-renamed-to-dahdi/

 I did not have these installed when I tried to
> do this. I actually tried to install Zaptel, but I was getting an error that
> had something to do with the incorrect version of the linux-grsec apk. I was
> hoping to get a working Asterisk box before beginning the MySQL
> installation.

After you install Alpinelinux just issue:

apk add asterisk     <- will install asterisk
apk add asterisk-samples   <- will install sample config files

/etc/init.d/asterisk start

Now you can run asterisk -r to connect to local asterisk console

> I'm going to continue in this direction for now, but I'm willing to try your
> approach with Sqlite3. Did you have any luck with this or did you also run
> into problems?

I think getting Asterisk to run first and maybe with mysql support is
your best approach now.
Sqlite needs a lot of debugging and scripting (i think).

 This is all new to me so I really appreciate the help. One
> more question: I ran into some problems during the Asterisk installations
> when I was running Alpine 1.9 inside VirtualBox. I would get a memory call
> trace error after a make command. This didn't happen when I booted Alpine
> without using a virtual machine. Any ideas why?

I'm not sure about virtualbox, don't have much experience with it
(only with vmware).
I guess you already know asterisk has issues with running virtually
unless configured properly (because of timers).

If you want to do anything with Alpinelinux I suggest you to read our
wiki. It has a lot of information on how to develop on Alpinelinux.
To create packages be sure to read this info:
http://www.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Developer_Documentation

BTW, if you are successful please make notes about your work and
contribute back by placing information on our wiki.

-carlo