Re: [alpine-devel] Re: help: freepbx install on alpine linux

Kenny Aral <oggyk22@ufl.edu>
<364626065.101781272061133893.JavaMail.osg@osgjas04.cns.ufl.edu>
Thanks for the suggestion, Harry. That corrected the error I was
getting. However, now I am getting a new error that I've spent the
whole day trying to fix. I have created the MySQL databases called
asterisk and asteriskcdrdb. I granted all privileges using:

mysql> grant all privileges on asterisk.* to
asteriskuser@localhost identified by 'amp109';
mysql> grant all privileges on asteriskcdrdb.* to
asteriskuser@localhost identified by 'amp109';
mysql> flush privileges;

When I run the script the output is:

# ./install_amp
Connecting to database..FAILED
DB Error: connect failed, [nativecode=No such file or directory]
** mysql://asteriskuser:amp109@localhost/asterisk
Try running ./install_amp --username=user -password=pass
[FATAL] Cannot connect to database

I don't understand why its giving me a "no such file" error when
the database definitely exists. If I change the IP address from
'localhost' to the actually IP address of the server I am running
'192.168.1.114' the output is:

# ./install_amp
Connecting to database..FAILED
DB Error: connect failed, [nativecode=Connection refused] **
mysql://asteriskuser:amp109@192.168.1.114/asterisk
Try running ./install_amp --username=user -password=pass
[FATAL] Cannot connect to database

This time I get "Connection refused." I have tried running the
script with --skip networking uncommented/commented in
/etc/mysql/my.cnf with no success. At this point I'm stumped as to
why its not working. This is the very last part of the
installation too.

--
ARAL,KENNY A

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: help: freepbx install on alpine linux

Harry Lachanas <grharry@freemail.gr>
<4BD52ECE.1090508@freemail.gr>
In-Reply-To
<364626065.101781272061133893.JavaMail.osg@osgjas04.cns.ufl.edu> (view parent)
Kenny Aral wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion, Harry. That corrected the error I was
> getting. However, now I am getting a new error that I've spent the
> whole day trying to fix. I have created the MySQL databases called
> asterisk and asteriskcdrdb. I granted all privileges using:
>
> mysql> grant all privileges on asterisk.* to asteriskuser@localhost
> identified by 'amp109';
> mysql> grant all privileges on asteriskcdrdb.* to
> asteriskuser@localhost identified by 'amp109';
> mysql> flush privileges;
>
> When I run the script the output is:
>
> # ./install_amp
> Connecting to database..FAILED
> DB Error: connect failed, [nativecode=No such file or directory] **
> mysql://asteriskuser:amp109@localhost/asterisk
> Try running ./install_amp --username=user -password=pass
> [FATAL] Cannot connect to database
>
> I don't understand why its giving me a "no such file" error when the
> database definitely exists. If I change the IP address from
> 'localhost' to the actually IP address of the server I am running
> '192.168.1.114' the output is:
>
> # ./install_amp
> Connecting to database..FAILED
> DB Error: connect failed, [nativecode=Connection refused] **
> mysql://asteriskuser:amp109@192.168.1.114/asterisk
> Try running ./install_amp --username=user -password=pass
> [FATAL] Cannot connect to database
>
> This time I get "Connection refused." I have tried running the script
> with --skip networking uncommented/commented in /etc/mysql/my.cnf with
> no success. At this point I'm stumped as to why its not working. This
> is the very last part of the installation too.
>
> On Fri Apr 23 02:27:55 EDT 2010, Harry Lachanas <grharry@freemail.gr>
> wrote:
grant all privileges on asterisk.* to asteriskuser@localhost identified
by 'amp109';

with this statement you allow asteriskuser to connect to database only
from local host ( 127.0.0.1)

try to place the ip address of the alpine box you have asterisk running ...

that is on mysql server
grant all privileges on asterisk.* to asteriskuser@ALPINE_IP_ADDRESS
identified by 'amp109';

or any host
'asteriskuser'@'%'

Can you connect from a remote box to your mysql server from lan ???

Make sure that you can, and proceed ..

Cheers
You R almost done .