[alpine-devel] APK sources ?

<20100726112816.raz4ivopwwogkssg@webmail.kinssha.com>
Hello all,

First, please scuse-me for my bad english, I'm not used to speak in
this language.
I installed recently Alpine Linux on a home-server, and it's really
stable and powerfull. The server works perfectly.

But i'm also a linux "fanatic", and i have an old computer with a LFS on it.
Now, i want to use a package manager to manage easily my packages
which are installed on this computer.

I'm interested in ARK package manager because i find it efficient and easy.
Is it possible to obtain ARK sources ? Can I modify it ?
On what is based ARK ? from scratch ?

Thanks.
Nic.

<20100726113115.nggl85gjb4o0os0c@webmail.kinssha.com>
In-Reply-To
<20100726112816.raz4ivopwwogkssg@webmail.kinssha.com> (view parent)
nicolas@utapau.org a écrit :

> Hello all,
>
> First, please scuse-me for my bad english, I'm not used to speak in
> this language.
> I installed recently Alpine Linux on a home-server, and it's really
> stable and powerfull. The server works perfectly.
>
> But i'm also a linux "fanatic", and i have an old computer with a LFS on it.
> Now, i want to use a package manager to manage easily my packages which
> are installed on this computer.
>
> I'm interested in ARK package manager because i find it efficient and easy.
> Is it possible to obtain ARK sources ? Can I modify it ?
> On what is based ARK ? from scratch ?
>
> Thanks.
> Nic.

Oups !
I wanted to say : APK and not ARK :-/

Sorry.

<20100726114435.9kpkvevuowcks840@webmail.kinssha.com>
In-Reply-To
<4C4D5443.8050609@iki.fi> (view parent)
Timo Teräs <timo.teras@iki.fi> a écrit :

> On 07/26/2010 12:31 PM, nicolas@utapau.org wrote:
>> nicolas@utapau.org a écrit :
>>> First, please scuse-me for my bad english, I'm not used to speak in
>>> this language.
>>> I installed recently Alpine Linux on a home-server, and it's really
>>> stable and powerfull. The server works perfectly.
>>>
>>> But i'm also a linux "fanatic", and i have an old computer with a LFS
>>> on it.
>>> Now, i want to use a package manager to manage easily my packages which
>>> are installed on this computer.
>>>
>>> I'm interested in ARK package manager because i find it efficient and
>>> easy.
>>> Is it possible to obtain ARK sources ? Can I modify it ?
>>> On what is based ARK ? from scratch ?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Nic.
>>>

>> Oups !
>> I wanted to say : APK and not ARK :-/
>
> Nice that you find it useful. :)
>
> APK is written from scratch to suit Alpine Linux needs. Mainly being
> small and fast. Also to have .tar.gz compatible file format.
>
> Like all of Alpine sources, they are available at git.alpinelinux.org.
>
> Apk utilities itself:
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/apk-tools/
>
> And the tools to build apk packages.
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/abuild/
>
> Cheers,
>   Timo

Thanks for your quick answer !
I'm going to study this with interest.
What are exactly APK dependencies ?

Cherrs,
Nic

Timo Teräs <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<4C4D5443.8050609@iki.fi>
In-Reply-To
<20100726113115.nggl85gjb4o0os0c@webmail.kinssha.com> (view parent)
On 07/26/2010 12:31 PM, nicolas@utapau.org wrote:
> nicolas@utapau.org a écrit :
>> First, please scuse-me for my bad english, I'm not used to speak in
>> this language.
>> I installed recently Alpine Linux on a home-server, and it's really
>> stable and powerfull. The server works perfectly.
>>
>> But i'm also a linux "fanatic", and i have an old computer with a LFS
>> on it.
>> Now, i want to use a package manager to manage easily my packages which
>> are installed on this computer.
>>
>> I'm interested in ARK package manager because i find it efficient and
>> easy.
>> Is it possible to obtain ARK sources ? Can I modify it ?
>> On what is based ARK ? from scratch ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Nic.
>>

> Oups !
> I wanted to say : APK and not ARK :-/

Nice that you find it useful. :)

APK is written from scratch to suit Alpine Linux needs. Mainly being
small and fast. Also to have .tar.gz compatible file format.

Like all of Alpine sources, they are available at git.alpinelinux.org.

Apk utilities itself:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/apk-tools/

And the tools to build apk packages.
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/abuild/

Cheers,
  Timo

Timo Teräs <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<4C4D5A2E.9020909@iki.fi>
In-Reply-To
<20100726114435.9kpkvevuowcks840@webmail.kinssha.com> (view parent)
On 07/26/2010 12:44 PM, nicolas@utapau.org wrote:
>> APK is written from scratch to suit Alpine Linux needs. Mainly being
>> small and fast. Also to have .tar.gz compatible file format.
>>
>> Like all of Alpine sources, they are available at git.alpinelinux.org.
>>
>> Apk utilities itself:
>> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/apk-tools/
>>
>> And the tools to build apk packages.
>> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/abuild/
>>
> Thanks for your quick answer !
> I'm going to study this with interest.
> What are exactly APK dependencies ?

Currently it's standard C-library, zlib and openssl. Openssl is only
needed because we wanted to use hardware acceleration for SHA1
calculations. If executable size becomes issue, openssl dependency is
removable with small amount of work.

If http repositories are used, it executes wget (GNU or Busybox). But
are thinking that we might make apk depend on libcurl instead.

- Timo