[alpine-devel] New aport - dmidecode; update to flashrom

Nathan Angelacos <nangel@tetrasec.net>
<4C6DA445.4060001@tetrasec.net>

flashrom wants to run dmidecode, so built an aport for it

updated the flashrom package to issue a warning if it is installed on a
grsec kernel:

#apk add flashrom
(1/1) Installing flashrom (0.9.2-r1)
Executing flashrom-0.9.2-r1.post-install

  ************[  flashrom package installation notice ]****************

           You appear to be running a grsec enabled kernel.
    flashrom needs write access to /dev/mem and will likely not work

#
<1282305626.31207.1857.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>
In-Reply-To
<4C6DA445.4060001@tetrasec.net> (view parent)
On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 14:38 -0700, Nathan Angelacos wrote:

> flashrom wants to run dmidecode, so built an aport for it

great!

The patch for makefile is not really necessary since you can override
variables from command line:

# overriding prefix here is not needed unless there are
# hardcoded pathts in the binary. we add it just in case.
make prefix=/usr

# install to $pkgdir
make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" prefix=/usr install