[alpine-devel] Samba configuration

<AANLkTimj0Z1=tz6xfqfeVqxBXXaa0EkzdGF7s=mh9B8n@mail.gmail.com>
Dear Alpine maintainers,
Is it possible to enable charset conversion options in standard samba
package ? I do understand, that you try to avoid supporting
multilingual features, while I guess there are some critical features
absolutely required from servers to operate outside of US/UK.
I would be nice to have a clean/simple samba package w/o kerberos/ldap
support for a smaller systems.

# testparm 2>&1 | head -n 20
rlimit_max: rlimit_max (1024) below minimum Windows limit (16384)
init_iconv: Conversion from UTF-16LE to 866 not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from UTF-16LE to ASCII
init_iconv: Conversion from UTF8 to 866 not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to ASCII
init_iconv: Conversion from ASCII to 866 not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to ASCII
init_iconv: Conversion from 866 to UTF-16LE not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to UTF-16LE
init_iconv: Conversion from 866 to UTF8 not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to ASCII
init_iconv: Conversion from 866 to ASCII not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to ASCII
init_iconv: Conversion from 866 to UTF8 not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to ASCII
init_iconv: Conversion from 866 to UTF-16BE not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to UTF-16BE
init_iconv: Conversion from 866 to ASCII not supported
init_iconv: Attempting to replace with conversion from ASCII to ASCII

<1283333465.29404.32.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>
In-Reply-To
<AANLkTimj0Z1=tz6xfqfeVqxBXXaa0EkzdGF7s=mh9B8n@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 05:00 -0300, qnx4ever wrote:
> Dear Alpine maintainers,
> Is it possible to enable charset conversion options in standard samba
> package ?

I enabled it. Should be available in edge/main/samba-3.5.4-r1

Thanks!