[alpine-devel] Alpine Mini coLinux image to start building your system.

<AANLkTi=xgF-9c75FGWL_V5LJ9b4MRm_YfBZpfu5Ghjgu@mail.gmail.com>
Hello coLinux users,
I've created a start mini image of the Alpine Linux 2.0 only 1.52Mb
compressed size;)
Uploaded here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ABEVBG9C

To install, please unpack coAlpine-2.0.7z to wherever you'd like
coLinux to live.
You will find three files in archive:
_start.bat  coLinux launcher, has to be updated to reflect path to
where colinux-daemon.exe is located.
alp.hda1  512mb ext2 image of the basic Alpine 2.0 install
coLin.conf   coLinux config file

Please copy vmlinux from your coLinux installation into the same
directory and update _start.bat with proper path to colinux-daemon.exe

To boot Alpine in coLinux, simply run _start.bat
Note error on loading modules during boot, you need fill
/lib/modules/2.6.26.8-co-0.7.7.1 with contents of vmlinux-modules.tar
from your coLinux installation.

To switch filesystem to ext3 please run #apk add e2fsprogs && tune2fs
-j /dev/hda
And update fstab to reflect / being ext3, but not ext2

Hope someone can find it usefull.

<1284640401.19395.5.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>
In-Reply-To
<AANLkTi=xgF-9c75FGWL_V5LJ9b4MRm_YfBZpfu5Ghjgu@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 23:28 +0400, qnx4ever wrote:
> Hello coLinux users,
> I've created a start mini image of the Alpine Linux 2.0 only 1.52Mb
> compressed size;)
> Uploaded here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ABEVBG9C

I havent tested this since I don't really use windows, but I think this
is very cool!

> To install, please unpack coAlpine-2.0.7z to wherever you'd like
> coLinux to live.
> You will find three files in archive:
> _start.bat  coLinux launcher, has to be updated to reflect path to
> where colinux-daemon.exe is located.
> alp.hda1  512mb ext2 image of the basic Alpine 2.0 install
> coLin.conf   coLinux config file
>
> Please copy vmlinux from your coLinux installation into the same
> directory and update _start.bat with proper path to colinux-daemon.exe
>
> To boot Alpine in coLinux, simply run _start.bat
> Note error on loading modules during boot, you need fill
> /lib/modules/2.6.26.8-co-0.7.7.1 with contents of vmlinux-modules.tar
> from your coLinux installation.
>
> To switch filesystem to ext3 please run #apk add e2fsprogs && tune2fs
> -j /dev/hda
> And update fstab to reflect / being ext3, but not ext2
>
> Hope someone can find it usefull.

Maybe create a wiki page for it?

Thanks!

Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter@gmail.com>
<AANLkTinNKsnaCAijfrZW-7n8E8HZ4tqSV+3++aCNAVhj@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1284640401.19395.5.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net> (view parent)
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 23:28 +0400, qnx4ever wrote:
>> Hello coLinux users,
>> I've created a start mini image of the Alpine Linux 2.0 only 1.52Mb
>> compressed size;)
>> Uploaded here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ABEVBG9C
>
> I havent tested this since I don't really use windows, but I think this
> is very cool!
>
>> To install, please unpack coAlpine-2.0.7z to wherever you'd like
>> coLinux to live.
>> You will find three files in archive:
>> _start.bat  coLinux launcher, has to be updated to reflect path to
>> where colinux-daemon.exe is located.
>> alp.hda1  512mb ext2 image of the basic Alpine 2.0 install
>> coLin.conf   coLinux config file
>>
>> Please copy vmlinux from your coLinux installation into the same
>> directory and update _start.bat with proper path to colinux-daemon.exe
>>
>> To boot Alpine in coLinux, simply run _start.bat
>> Note error on loading modules during boot, you need fill
>> /lib/modules/2.6.26.8-co-0.7.7.1 with contents of vmlinux-modules.tar
>> from your coLinux installation.
>>
>> To switch filesystem to ext3 please run #apk add e2fsprogs && tune2fs
>> -j /dev/hda
>> And update fstab to reflect / being ext3, but not ext2
>>
>> Hope someone can find it usefull.
>
> Maybe create a wiki page for it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -nc
>

> ---
> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---

Seems Colinux is not 64b compatible. Else i would have tried it.

Carlo

<AANLkTimUUsopo3-3e2SfsyQifuKPV5AzNnor47NTUegS@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<AANLkTinNKsnaCAijfrZW-7n8E8HZ4tqSV+3++aCNAVhj@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Yes, this is the only downside of coLinux, it doesn't run on 64bit
platforms. Seems like you guys already migrated to Win7. I feel like
I'm an old-timer running XP in classic GUI style.

Btw, do we have 64bit version of Alpine ;) ?

Nathanael, I will put something together for wiki as soon as I find
some time. Any hints I need to know about wiki used for Alpine.org ?

On 17 September 2010 12:00, Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 23:28 +0400, qnx4ever wrote:
>>> Hello coLinux users,
>>> I've created a start mini image of the Alpine Linux 2.0 only 1.52Mb
>>> compressed size;)
>>> Uploaded here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ABEVBG9C
>>
>> I havent tested this since I don't really use windows, but I think this
>> is very cool!
>>
>>> To install, please unpack coAlpine-2.0.7z to wherever you'd like
>>> coLinux to live.
>>> You will find three files in archive:
>>> _start.bat  coLinux launcher, has to be updated to reflect path to
>>> where colinux-daemon.exe is located.
>>> alp.hda1  512mb ext2 image of the basic Alpine 2.0 install
>>> coLin.conf   coLinux config file
>>>
>>> Please copy vmlinux from your coLinux installation into the same
>>> directory and update _start.bat with proper path to colinux-daemon.exe
>>>
>>> To boot Alpine in coLinux, simply run _start.bat
>>> Note error on loading modules during boot, you need fill
>>> /lib/modules/2.6.26.8-co-0.7.7.1 with contents of vmlinux-modules.tar
>>> from your coLinux installation.
>>>
>>> To switch filesystem to ext3 please run #apk add e2fsprogs && tune2fs
>>> -j /dev/hda
>>> And update fstab to reflect / being ext3, but not ext2
>>>
>>> Hope someone can find it usefull.
>>
>> Maybe create a wiki page for it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -nc
>>

>> ---
>> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
>> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
>> ---
>>

> Seems Colinux is not 64b compatible. Else i would have tried it.
>
> Carlo

<1284963760.8817.21.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>
In-Reply-To
<AANLkTimUUsopo3-3e2SfsyQifuKPV5AzNnor47NTUegS@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 16:41 +0400, qnx4ever wrote:

> Btw, do we have 64bit version of Alpine ;) ?

http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/239

I am supposed to start working on that pretty soon.

> Nathanael, I will put something together for wiki as soon as I find
> some time. Any hints I need to know about wiki used for Alpine.org ?

its just standard mediawiki (same as wikipedia uses). You can play/test
on your user page or you can create a page called "Sandbox" to do
testing on.