[alpine-devel] Alpine linux review

<AANLkTi=7Zr49L=oTVyNPW-AeA0LpzTCvhi3wubjcFd74@mail.gmail.com>
Hello developers (and Alpine Linux followers).

I just wanted to share with you a link to a Swedish (one of the most
popular) computer magazine.
They had a article on Alpine Linux, and the review was very good!

This magazine does tests on various hardware and software, and all
these tests result in some recommendations.
The results could be one of these alternatives: "Best in test",
"Recommended", "Not recommended" or no comment at all.

Alpine Linux got "Recommended" which is really good (the "Best in
test" is not allways the most recommended product due to various
reasons, so having "Recommended" is not a bad thing related to "Best
in test" nomination)

Some headlines in the article are:
  * Impressive speed
  * User-friendly and helpful scripts
  * ACF corresponds to Webmin
  * Well worth a try

The article is a good reciept on that Alpine Linux is a good candidate
and that all the hard work that has been put into this project is high
quality code.
A big "Thank you!" to all who contributed - and those who will
contribute in the future :-)

Link to the article (use a online translator to see the text in your language):
http://www.datormagazin.se/artiklar/tester/20110201/test-alpine-linux-212

<<mhavela>>

<128897.43204.qm@web130109.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
In-Reply-To
<20110204135014.52e95145@alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
Very nice review.

Natanael, I would like to work more on the cli interface to ACF, but I'm not
sure of the best approach. One exists basically because I needed it for my own
needs, but it has some serious flaws. Perhaps we could have a design discussion
when you get back to make the cli actually usable.

Ted