[alpine-devel] New package idea

<1317931963.59858.YahooMailNeo@web130112.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
I would like to create some new packages for automatic provisioning of SIP devices. The packages would contain device firmware and basic config files. So, you would have acf-provisioning-polycom, acf-provisioning-snom, ...

The idea is that the device-specific packages would contain the static files for the phones and the dynamic configuration of specific phones would be handled by the acf-provisioning app. Alternatively, you could use the static files without the acf-provisioning app, and manually edit config files for each phone.

I would like some help creating the first package - acf-provisioning-polycom-3.3.1F
Here's what it should contain:
Put all of the .ld files, the .wav files, and the SoundPointIPLocalization directory from http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/uc/UC_Software_3_3_1F_release_sig_split.zip into /var/www/provisioning/htdocs
Put all of the .ld files except "bootrom.ld" from http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/sp_ss_bootrom/spip_ssip_BootROM_4_3_0_release_sig.zip into /var/www/provisioning/htdocs
Put the attached 000000000000.cfg file into /var/www/provisioning/htdocs

If someone can help me create the APKBUILD file for this package, I should be able to handle the others as they come up.

Thanks.

Ted
Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter@gmail.com>
<CA+cSEmPToX7-L6fNQ1jeH8rs-SP0KdM50+AVK7V8XxKe=ZZ+Aw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1317931963.59858.YahooMailNeo@web130112.mail.mud.yahoo.com> (view parent)
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Ted Trask <ttrask01@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to create some new packages for automatic provisioning of SIP
> devices. The packages would contain device firmware and basic config files.
> So, you would have acf-provisioning-polycom, acf-provisioning-snom, ...
> The idea is that the device-specific packages would contain the static files
> for the phones and the dynamic configuration of specific phones would be
> handled by the acf-provisioning app. Alternatively, you could use the static
> files without the acf-provisioning app, and manually edit config files for
> each phone.
> I would like some help creating the first package -
> acf-provisioning-polycom-3.3.1F
> Here's what it should contain:
> Put all of the .ld files, the .wav files, and the SoundPointIPLocalization
> directory from
> http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/uc/UC_Software_3_3_1F_release_sig_split.zip
> into /var/www/provisioning/htdocs
> Put all of the .ld files except "bootrom.ld" from
> http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/sp_ss_bootrom/spip_ssip_BootROM_4_3_0_release_sig.zip

Are we allowed to redistribute these files, or do you want to add them
later manually?

Carlo

> into /var/www/provisioning/htdocs
> Put the attached 000000000000.cfg file into /var/www/provisioning/htdocs
> If someone can help me create the APKBUILD file for this package, I should
> be able to handle the others as they come up.
> Thanks.
> Ted

<1318124611.98313.YahooMailNeo@web130103.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
In-Reply-To
<CA+cSEmPToX7-L6fNQ1jeH8rs-SP0KdM50+AVK7V8XxKe=ZZ+Aw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
I'll put it this way, I haven't see anything that says we can't. The bootloader / firmware is quite useless unless you've purchased a device.

Ted

________________________________
> I would like to create some new packages for automatic provisioning of SIP
> devices. The packages would contain device firmware and basic config files.
> So, you would have acf-provisioning-polycom, acf-provisioning-snom, ...
> The idea is that the device-specific packages would contain the static files
> for the phones and the dynamic configuration of specific phones would be
> handled by the acf-provisioning app. Alternatively, you could use the static
> files without the acf-provisioning app, and manually edit config files for
> each phone.
> I would like some help creating the first package -
> acf-provisioning-polycom-3.3.1F
> Here's what it should contain:
> Put all of the .ld files, the .wav files, and the SoundPointIPLocalization
> directory from
> http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/uc/UC_Software_3_3_1F_release_sig_split.zip
> into /var/www/provisioning/htdocs
> Put all of the .ld files except "bootrom.ld" from
> http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/sp_ss_bootrom/spip_ssip_BootROM_4_3_0_release_sig.zip

Are we allowed to redistribute these files, or do you want to add them
later manually?

Carlo

> into /var/www/provisioning/htdocs
> Put the attached 000000000000.cfg file into /var/www/provisioning/htdocs
> If someone can help me create the APKBUILD file for this package, I should
> be able to handle the others as they come up.
> Thanks.
> Ted

Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk@gmail.com>
<4E91166B.5040004@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1318124611.98313.YahooMailNeo@web130103.mail.mud.yahoo.com> (view parent)
On 10/8/2011 9:43 PM, Ted Trask wrote:
> I'll put it this way, I haven't see anything that says we can't. The
> bootloader / firmware is quite useless unless you've purchased a device.
That's about what I see as well.
http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/voice/UC_Software_Admin_Guide_v4_0_0.pdf
is the closest I found to something containing a yes/no to distributing
it (and since I'm terrible at interpretting legalese, I just include it
here). See that as long as we have that copyright notice in the package
somewhere, we'd be ok.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
copy of this software and associated
documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without
restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or
sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons
to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
in all copies or substantial portions of the
Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS
OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT
HOLDERS BE
LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION
OF CONTRACT, TORT
OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR
THE USE OR
OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE

Jeff

> Ted

<20173F1D-F7A3-4B27-A5AB-4F59FC28E987@yahoo.com>
In-Reply-To
<4E91166B.5040004@gmail.com> (view parent)
Thanks Jeff. I hadn't seen that. Interestingly, the copyright and permission notice you cite are not included in ReadMe.txt or sip.ver, the two likely files in the zip. So, they don't include them in their own distribution. And the bootrom zip file contains only binary files. Assuming the notice is embedded in the binary files, I doubt we need to do anything (besides what I already requested). If no one is able to create an APKBUILD for me, I'll take a stab tomorrow.

Ted