[alpine-devel] sarg

Peter de Zoeten <peter@dezoeten.mine.nu>
<CAArrbi2OyWuhmSrYCt9N_pmWBMXt2Ag1Tmd=_uiASw8-as1-nQ@mail.gmail.com>
Hello everyone,

this is my first APKBUILD for sarg; a squid analysis and report generator.
I needed this so i tried to build it. It works on my system.
So let me know if there's something wrong or not, i will have more
packages standing by.

Regards, Peter
Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter@gmail.com>
<CA+cSEmPmrD328FR7KtnkVYAHJO71q=0Pt80+CcyBv3QT66dVaw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAArrbi2OyWuhmSrYCt9N_pmWBMXt2Ag1Tmd=_uiASw8-as1-nQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Peter de Zoeten <peter@dezoeten.mine.nu> wrote:

> Hello everyone,

Hi

> this is my first APKBUILD for sarg; a squid analysis and report generator.
> I needed this so i tried to build it. It works on my system.
> So let me know if there's something wrong or not, i will have more
> packages standing by.

I committed it to aports tree:

http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/testing/sarg/APKBUILD

We prefer using alpine-sdk and provide git patches to our aports tree
(please check our wiki).
When using alpine-sdk you can use newapkbuild which will make a
apkbuild template for you (check newapkbuild -h)

Some notes:
Not sure why you added libintl, so i removed it.
I moved sarg-php to webapps dir like we do with more php apps.
I think it needs more deps to run. Please verify and add them.
I removed those extra configure options cause it looks like they do
nothing, if I'm wrong please correct it.

-carlo

> Regards, Peter

Peter de Zoeten <peter@dezoeten.mine.nu>
<CAArrbi3JzB_Hm=f=CsW9N+pBrMMroar_AtHn7s1=D+UbCVj5bg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CA+cSEmPmrD328FR7KtnkVYAHJO71q=0Pt80+CcyBv3QT66dVaw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi Carlo,

> We prefer using alpine-sdk and provide git patches to our aports tree
> (please check our wiki).
I'll try to get my git working.....

> When using alpine-sdk you can use newapkbuild which will make a
> apkbuild template for you (check newapkbuild -h)
I might have forgot that this time.....

> Some notes:
> Not sure why you added libintl, so i removed it.
It has to be in, otherwise it will not compile (at least in my
development environment; setup from wiki)
So i had to put these 2 lines back in:

-makedepends="libintl"
-       export LIBS="-lintl"

> I moved sarg-php to webapps dir like we do with more php apps.
> I think it needs more deps to run. Please verify and add them.
I think they work, it's probably a rights question, todo with the user
the webserver runs on. Other dependencies are : squidguard, it looks
like some script use that. I don't use squidguard, so i can't test it.

> I removed those extra configure options cause it looks like they do
> nothing, if I'm wrong please correct it.
It looks OK without it.

Regards, Peter

Peter de Zoeten <peter@dezoeten.mine.nu>
<CAArrbi2B9afKY=j_P9T3v3omY7irOgqhLcUD9fArt75sYVjvbg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAArrbi3JzB_Hm=f=CsW9N+pBrMMroar_AtHn7s1=D+UbCVj5bg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi Carlo,

about libintl:

> It has to be in, otherwise it will not compile (at least in my
> development environment; setup from wiki)
> So i had to put these 2 lines back in:
>
> -makedepends="libintl"
> -       export LIBS="-lintl"

I completely installed a new development SDK and now i don't need it anymore.
Perhaps because my other development was chroot, this one is in vmware.

Regards, Peter

Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter@gmail.com>
<CA+cSEmPwc1B0wunKGNscShh+p7WZt+kL-KnJSVLwaNb2bt0sCA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAArrbi2B9afKY=j_P9T3v3omY7irOgqhLcUD9fArt75sYVjvbg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Peter de Zoeten <peter@dezoeten.mine.nu> wrote:
> Hi Carlo,
>
> about libintl:
>
>> It has to be in, otherwise it will not compile (at least in my
>> development environment; setup from wiki)
>> So i had to put these 2 lines back in:
>>
>> -makedepends="libintl"
>> -       export LIBS="-lintl"
>>

> I completely installed a new development SDK and now i don't need it anymore.
> Perhaps because my other development was chroot, this one is in vmware.

Nice. If you can test if is working like expected, we can move it to main.
If you like you can take maintainership and add the appropriate line
to apkbuild and provide us with a git patch.

Thanks!

-carlo