[alpine-devel] Steps for adding / packaging a kernel module

<CAFivhPnM_wFvKvYf5OLuRxSXdVwZzCoTzG=vPrUcoZ7SPBA1tg@mail.gmail.com>

i've been going through the wiki articles but so far this has been a
quite inconclusive thing.

I've prepared a VM and installed alpine-sdk,  and also somehow set up
abuild, but I'm not even sure that was a step into the right
direction.

Ah, and just now I noticed the rebuild-alpine.sh and stuff in aports.

I want to try to build packages for flashcache and openvswitch at some
point, right now I just want to install them "somehow" and test,
that's why I end up needing to compile some kernel modules.

Started a nice mass build of 1500 packages now and have no idea if
that will really help me in the end :)

Maybe this will just do it, but please take notice that one start-goal
documentation for this would not hurt.

Greetings,
Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and

Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk@gmail.com>
<D3038B9E-79F2-4476-ABC0-FE303B4A93EE@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAFivhPnM_wFvKvYf5OLuRxSXdVwZzCoTzG=vPrUcoZ7SPBA1tg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi Florian,

On Jan 7, 2012, at 4:34 AM, Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i've been going through the wiki articles but so far this has been a
> quite inconclusive thing.

Agreed, it's another area where better docs would be appreciated.

An example APKBUILD that you might check out would be http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/open-vm-tools-grsec/APKBUILD.  Hopefully it can point you in the right direction.  Before building packages with kernel modules you should only need to install alpine-sdk, any other source packages should be pulled in via the makedepends option.