[alpine-devel] help text for setup-interfaces

<20120322210212.6e88a532@alpinelinux.org>

I have implemented bridge support for setup-interfaces. You can now
enter 'br0' or 'bridge0' and it will ask what interfaces it should add
to the bridge.

The changes are available in git.

I need help with the help text, when entering '?'. How do I explain
that you can either enter one of the listed available interfaces, or a
non-liste bridge, and later I will add bonding and vlans.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Nathan Angelacos <nangel@nothome.org>
<4F6C086F.60301@nothome.org>
In-Reply-To
<20120322210212.6e88a532@alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
On 03/22/2012 01:02 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I need help with the help text, when entering '?'. How do I explain
> that you can either enter one of the listed available interfaces, or a
> non-liste bridge, and later I will add bonding and vlans.

Select the interface you wish to configure.

For advanced configurations, you can also enter:
br[0-9]+   	(ex: br0)	bridge interface
bridge[0-9]+   	(ex: bridge0)	bridge interface
bond[0-9]+ 	(ex: bond32)	teamed/bonded interface
vlan[0-9]+ 	(ex: vlan371)	vlan interface

You will be asked which physical interface(s) to
be used for advanced configurations.