[alpine-devel] Donations handling

<CAFivhPkxDOFY1AeYoNdc0kG8BR7Mua6NpHtFiG4e583pe2HuTA@mail.gmail.com>

Last week I noticed that Leonardo happens to be working on a port of
targetcli and the LIO storage target to Alpine.
If I had had to try it on my own it would have been a safe road to
nervous breakdown... :)

I'd like to donate something equal to a few pizzas for this.
How can I do that?

(With FreeBSD it's not possible to donate for specific projects - you
just have to give it to the foundation, which is not "direct
feedback".
How does Alpine handle it? Am I being to complicated?)

Greetings,
Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and

<20120611154830.3482e26c@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>
In-Reply-To
<CAFivhPkxDOFY1AeYoNdc0kG8BR7Mua6NpHtFiG4e583pe2HuTA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:38:51 +0200
Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Last week I noticed that Leonardo happens to be working on a port of
> targetcli and the LIO storage target to Alpine.
> If I had had to try it on my own it would have been a safe road to
> nervous breakdown... :)
>
> I'd like to donate something equal to a few pizzas for this.
> How can I do that?
>
> (With FreeBSD it's not possible to donate for specific projects - you
> just have to give it to the foundation, which is not "direct
> feedback".
> How does Alpine handle it? Am I being to complicated?)

Currently the only way to donate is to donate to individual developers.
I suggest that you send Leonardo a pizza directly and tell you you
appreciate his work on LIO or something.

We should probably add this to the FAQ.

Thanks!