[alpine-devel] Alpine 2.5.0 Release Candidate 1 is out

<20121101165303.0c043ca8@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>

I have tagged the first release candidate for Alpine Linux v2.5.0

For a random mirror:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/v2.5/releases

Please download and test!

Thanks!

Leonardo Arena <rnalrd@gmail.com>
<1351851952.6910.43.camel@df1844j>
In-Reply-To
<20121101165303.0c043ca8@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net> (view parent)
On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 16:53 +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tagged the first release candidate for Alpine Linux v2.5.0
>
> For a random mirror:
> http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/v2.5/releases
>
> Please download and test!

I have tested it under KVM, and did a basic HD installation. It works
fine. The only difference the I have found is the screen resolution in
console, that now is larger.

- leonardo

<20121102220016.63fbd1b8@ncopa-laptop.res.nor.wtbts.net>
In-Reply-To
<1351851952.6910.43.camel@df1844j> (view parent)
On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:25:52 +0100
Leonardo Arena <rnalrd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 16:53 +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have tagged the first release candidate for Alpine Linux v2.5.0
> >
> > For a random mirror:
> > http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/v2.5/releases
> >
> > Please download and test!
>
> I have tested it under KVM, and did a basic HD installation. It works
> fine. The only difference the I have found is the screen resolution in
> console, that now is larger.

yes, the 3.6 kernel has KMS support for cirrus vga, which qemu
emulates. It is actually an annoyance for me as it breaks
qemu -curses. I can workaround by entering 'grsec cirrus.modeset=0' at
boot prompt.

I am considering setting modeset=0 in default /etc/modprobe.d/kms.conf
since I would expect that qemu alpine linux users would not be
interested in graphics.

Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter@gmail.com>
<CA+cSEmOm8cqbtscHGqfCBtAzbYh8BqVh219S2=-ORpk0jTDjxw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20121101165303.0c043ca8@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net> (view parent)

I just upgraded my dvb server to latest rc1. I am missing all the dvb
drivers from the kernel. Any reason for this?
I also noticed that edge is in my repository instead of v2.5. Is this
normal?
Did the fix for usb install and not applying apk cache sync get included?

-carlo

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tagged the first release candidate for Alpine Linux v2.5.0
>
> For a random mirror:
> http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/v2.5/releases
>
> Please download and test!
>
> Thanks!
> -nc
>

> ---
> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---

<20121105143421.3632c650@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>
In-Reply-To
<CA+cSEmOm8cqbtscHGqfCBtAzbYh8BqVh219S2=-ORpk0jTDjxw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:46:38 +0100
Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded my dvb server to latest rc1. I am missing all the dvb
> drivers from the kernel. Any reason for this?

My mistake. I have started to say "no" to kernel config questions i am
not sure about. I have enabled those again.

> I also noticed that edge is in my repository instead of v2.5. Is this
> normal?

No. It should have picked v2.5. What does the /etc/alpine-release say?

> Did the fix for usb install and not applying apk cache sync get
> included?

I seem to have lost it and forgotten about it. Sorry. Do you think you
could file a bug about it on bugs.a.o so its not gets forgotten again?

Thanks!